Ontario tenants rights Ontario tenant law Ontario Residential Tenancies Act Ontario government Poverty research Apartments for rent in Canada Ontario Hydro Search Ontario tenants rights
Ajax apartments for rent

Moving to Brampton
Brampton apartments and housing rentals

For information on your rights as a tenant go to the Ontario Tenants Most Asked Questions and Answers page.

This is also a helpful list for those who are moving to Brampton Canada, not just those looking for Brampton apartments.

For nearby communities click here for information for: Mississauga tenants, or Toronto tenants

Brampton apartments for rent, plus houses and condo rentals:

Region of Peel - Bramalea / Brampton public housing, rent geared to income accomodations, and government benefits for the disadvantaged:

Brampton Tenants Associations:

City of Brampton - Government pages

    City of Brampton, City Hall, main page
    How to contact the Mayor of Brampton
    How to contact your City of Brampton City Councillors
    City of Brampton Bylaws
    Regional Municipality of Peel

    Brampton apartment heat bylaw. This by-law also applies to the supply of water and hot water in your apartment. If your water is not provided as per the by-law or the heat is not maintained at least at 20 degrees Celsius (68F) from September 15 to June 1, first complain to your landlord, then you can call the City of Brampton, either your City Councillor as per the link above or submit a complaint to the City of Brampton Enforcement and By-Law Services Division in person or by telephone, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. at (905) 458-3424.

    If you would like to submit your complaint or query in writing, you may do so by regular mail to the address below or by sending an e-mail to enforcement@brampton.ca.
    City of Brampton
    Enforcement and By-Law Services Division
    485 Chrysler Drive
    Brampton, Ontario
    L6S 6G3

    Garbage pickup map.

    Brampton Community Recycling Centre, 395 Chrysler Drive, open every day, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m for proper disposal of hazardous waste such as batteries, fluorescent and compact fluorescent lamps (as they contain mercury,) pharmaceuticals, paints, solvents, pesticides, etc..

Other government services

  • Ontario Government Information Centre, 7765 Hurontario St., Brampton, (416) 326-1234
  • Landlord and Tenant Board, (formerly the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal,) Central Ontario Regional Office, 3 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 520, Mississauga 416-645-8080

Other Brampton Social Services, Agencies and Advocacy Groups (help and advice)

Legal Services


    • Brampton Community Legal Clinic, 24 Queen Street East, Suite #601, (905) 455-0160
    • Brampton Criminal Law Office, 201 County Court Blvd, Suite 401, Brampton (905) 874-0147
    • Legal Aid Brampton Office, 205 County Court Blvd., Suite 200, Brampton, (905) 453-1723
    • Landlord and Tenant Board, (formerly the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal,) Central Ontario Regional Office, 3 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 520, Mississauga 416-645-8080

Emergencies: Fire, police, plus distress centres

Brampton Foodbanks and emergency shelters

  • Knights Table, 116 Kennedy Rd. S. Unit 6, (905) 454-8725
  • Regeneration Outreach Community, 1 Wexford Rd, Unit 9, (905) 796-5888
  • Ste Louise Outreach Centre of Peel, 32 Haggert Ave N., (905) 454-2144
  • Salvation Army, 15 Wilkinson Rd, Brampton, (905) 452-1335

Brampton Hospitals and Healthcare



Other Services

Other Directories and Search Engines

General Reference

election campaign buttons

Places to visit on the site:
Ontario Tenants homepage         |       Residential Tenancies Act       |     Finding an apartment
Ontario Landlord and Tenant Q&A   |   Housing and poverty reports   |   Other housing links
Tenant rights and social justice     |     Renters muncipal issues     |     Rent Control
Apartment safety & security  | Tenant health: Toxic mould, cockroaches  | Consumer Information
Tenant association organizing   |    Utility costs: Ontario hydro, natural gas   |    Ontario MPP list